The Metropolitan Police Service decided to drop their investigation after reviewing a number of documents, including those released in August 2021 as part of Giuffre’s civil lawsuit in the United States.
“This review has concluded and we are taking no further action,” the force said Monday in a statement emailed to CNN.
Andrew has denied similar allegations from Giuffre in the past. On Monday, a source close to Prince Andrew said, “it comes as no surprise that the Met Police have confirmed that, having reviewed the sex assault claims against The Duke for a third time, they are taking no further action.”
“Despite pressure from the media and claims of new evidence, the Met have concluded that the claims are not sufficient to warrant any further investigation. The Duke has always vigorously maintained his innocence and continues to do so,” the source added.
“We also reviewed information passed to us by a media organization in June 2021. This review is complete and no further action will be taken,” the Metropolitan Police said.
The force “continues to liaise with other law enforcement agencies who lead the investigation into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein,” the statement added.
“The position there is that we’ve had more than one allegation that is connected with Mr. Epstein and we have reviewed those, assessed those and we have not opened an investigation,” Dick said at the time.
Giuffre’s lawyers served the senior British royal with legal papers for a lawsuit last month.
Both Buckingham Palace and Prince Andrew have strenuously denied her allegations.
US authorities have previously accused Andrew of not cooperating with attempts to interview him as part of the investigation into the alleged sex trafficking ring Epstein and Maxwell are suspected of operating.
The Prince stepped back from royal duties in the wake of a 2019 interview he gave the BBC in which he was widely considered to have damaged his own credibility. He now rarely appears in public.